If you’re like most homeowners you don’t think too much about the components of a refrigerator before it breaks down, or it is time to buy a new one. To ensure you get the most from this invaluable appliance it can be very nice to know exactly how a refrigerator keeps food and drinks cool—and Rapid Richmond Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Read on to find out all you will want to understand about how a refrigerator runs, how it cools your food and drinks and if it’s the time to call refrigerator repair Richmond.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You won’t find many houses that do not have a refrigerator in the kitchen. It’s been a standard kitchen appliance for several years. A household refrigerator stores food and drinks at the right temperature, in order to eliminate rotting and limit the growth of bacteria. The concept of refrigeration starts by transferring the heat from inside of the appliance to the exterior, by using principles of condensation and evaporation.
The standard parts of your refrigerator are. For questions or service call Rapid Richmond Appliance Repair:
A refrigerator compressor is both a motor and pump, and it is responsible for the circulation of refrigerant throughout the system.
The compressor is a very important part of a refrigerator. Homeowners should enlist a professional service if the compressor is broken.
A condenser is found on the rear outside panel of the appliance and will help to disperse the warmth built-up from within the refrigerator out in the air.
The refrigerator evaporator is housed in the inside of a refrigerator where absorbs heat held inside of it, thereby reducing the interior temperature.
Right when an evaporator isn’t working, it’s time to enlist a professional. Do not wait until it’s too late.
Liquid refrigerant is directed through a capillary tube which works as an expansion device as it cools the gas inside, thereby transforming it into liquid.
The refrigerator thermostat exists to regulate the temperature in the interior of a refrigerator, starting the cooling period when it is necessary.
The thermostat in a refrigerator is prone to issues. Troubleshoot and hire a repairman in Richmond for repair right when an issue happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. The moment the temperature in the interior of the refrigerator is above the set point sensors signal the refrigerator compressor to begin, and the cool down begins. The refrigerator collects the cold liquified refrigerant, then pressurizes and condenses the refrigerant, and raises the temperature, turning it into a gas.
2. The compressor guides the heated gas in the direction of the condenser coils on the rear of the appliance, at which point it comes in contact with warmer temperature in the home and returns back to a liquid form.
3. The cool liquified gas then continues on its journey to the evaporator, finding its way through the many coils in the inside of the refrigerator and freezer section.
4. The liquid then absorbs the hot air from inside the appliance, thereby reducing the temperature until it has reached the optimal set point.
5. The coolant will evaporate, and will return back into a gas form, and returns to the refrigerator compressor unit in order to then continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration technology is often used in many applications and household appliances, this includes heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and freezers. By extracting warmth from one location and moving it to another the continuous cycle of refrigeration contributes in cooling a home, creates a optimal environment for food that is perishable, and also helps with manufacturing and storage of several different everyday products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator need repair? You can schedule service with Rapid Richmond Appliance Repair.
Rapid Richmond Appliance Repair can repair nearly all major brands of refrigerators – includes industrial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our licensed technicians in Richmond complete training to troubleshoot and repair cooling problems, malfunctioning ice makers, problems with condensation, puddles and leaks, light bulbs, touch panels, smart technology and numerous other issues. We know refrigerator repair! We really do!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working